Makeup Artistry Course
The primary purpose of the Makeup Artistry Course is to train the student in the basic manipulative skills, safety judgments, proper work habits, and desirable attitudes necessary to achieve competency in job entry level skills, gainful employment in the field of Makeup Artistry or related career fields.
Objectives: Upon completion of the course requirements, the determined graduate will be able to:
- Project a positive attitude and sense of personal integrity and self confidence.
- Practice effective communication skills, visual poise, and proper grooming.
- Respect the need to deliver worthy service for value received in an employer-employee relationship.
- Perform the basic manipulative skills in the area in makeup application.
- Perform the basic analytical skills to determine appropriate makeup services to achieve the best total look for each client.
- Apply academic and practical learning and related information to ensure sound judgments, decisions, and procedures.
To ensure continued career success, the completer will continue to learn new and current information related to skills, trends, and methods for career development in makeup artistry and related fields.
Instructional Methods: The education is provided through a sequential set of learning steps which address specific tasks necessary for completion and job entry level skills. Student equipment, implements, and products are comparable to those used in the industry. Each student will receive instruction that relates to the performance of useful, creative, and productive career-oriented activities. The course is presented through comprehensive lesson plans that reflect effective educational methods. Subjects are presented by means of interactive lecture, demonstration, and student participation. Audiovisual aids, guest speakers, field trips, projects, activities, and other related learning methods are incorporated throughout the course.